Victims were vomiting blood into calabash—victim of ritual Kidnap narrates

Category: Gongo Nso | Posted date: 2018-12-29 19:28:50 | Updated date: 2018-12-30 14:59:47 | Posted by: Mercy-Babs News

Share On

They would place the covered one on the head of whoever was next and place the empty one on the ground in front of the person and immediately the person would vomit blood into the empty one after which they would collapse

Victims were vomiting blood into calabash—victim of ritual Kidnap narrates

The victim

The world is becoming more unsafe; nobody knows how to be careful enough because the evil of the day has defiled the understanding of wise men.

Cannibals, ritualists and blood sucking people occupy the secret places of the earth, kidnapping unsuspecting people, eating their flesh as meats and killing many cruelly to appease their gods of wealth and evil power. Should we fold our arms akimbo and keep watching until their victims are picked from every home?

Ogo Akobi

Last Thursday 27th December, 2018, Oyebade Funke was reportedly kidnapped in Akure by ritualists with a trick that seems new compared to their previous modus operandi. Her narrow freedom from the death den of the heartless people after many horrific hours was by a divine intervention.

Speaking with Omo Edema, Funke explained that she went to collect a new ATM Card at the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) in Oshinle area of Akure when she fell into the hand of a commercial motorcyclist who called her by her name and claimed to have once lived in her fathers (Funke’s father) house a long time ago when she was still a little girl.

You may also read: When I could not go further in the bush, I was shot severally—Kidnap victim

According to her words, “It was around 1pm, I went to collect a new ATM card at the FCMB, Oshinle that day. As I had collected it, I went outside the banking hall to change the default pin and to perform a withdrawal. It was successful and I was about to take my leave when a bike man called me, ‘Funke’. It caught my attention, but I look at him and discovered his face was not familiar.

“As I was about to leave him quickly, he said didn’t I remember him in Idanre my home town and I said no. And it is true Idanre is my home town. So, he claimed he had once a tenant in my father’s house in Idanre when I was still a little girl. I now greeted him cheerfully.”

Ogo Akobi

The victim said the bike man asked her of her address and she mentioned the area and also asked where she was going from the bank.

“He also asked me where I was going from the bank and I told him Arakale Area of the city. He now informed me that he is a bike man that if he should take me to my destination I would pay for his service. I saw nothing bad in it because I would definitely pay transport fare to where I was going.

“We left the place, heading towards my destination; a guy just shouted ‘brother’ and began to greet the bike man ‘long time’ as if it had been long they saw last. The bike man apologised to me as he stopped to greet the guy. He eventually asked where the guy was going to and he said he was going to market area which fell on the same road with where I was going.

“The bike man pleaded with me to allow the guy sit behind my back on the motorcycle since he was not going far. I accepted them without suspecting any evil”, explained the victim.

The wife of the commercial tricycle rider (Maruwa) said as the said guy seated by her back and they were moving, she lost her senses almost immediately.

According to her, she discovered she became weak and the acclaimed bike man headed for a different direction entirely.

“He headed for Federal Secretariat Road. I could not protest; I was just looking as if I was dying. As we got to Igbatoro Junction on the road, the guy behind me on the bike blindfolded me with a red coloured handkerchief. And the journey continued for many minutes but I did not know where we faced.

Go to radio

“We got to a place, they stopped and I heard somebody say ‘madam, come down!’ I came down. It was as if they dropped me for another group of two and the bike man and his partner left.

“We began trekking. One person held my right hand and the other one held my left hand supporting me as we trekked for a few minutes.”

She narrated further that they finally got to a place where they removed the blindfold—she discovered it was an uncompleted building in the bush. She said she met many people already capture there among whom were many looking like people going or returning back from offices.

Ogo Akobi 2

“They removed the blindfold from my eye and sat me down in the midst of some people probably in hypnosis—though, they were not tied, but they were there not conscious of where they were. A few of them were in corporate or office dresses. No one talked to another among them.

“As they sat me among them, the captors left the room for outside not too far from us where they were discussing. I discovered I was gradually coming back to my right senses. So I overheard one of them say that the ritual would commence by 3pm.”

“My phone was with me and the money I withdrew from the bank where they picked me from. I started to text messages to those that I could remember that I had been Kidnapped by ritual killers. I sent to my husband, my mother and to my sister. Just as I wanted to send it to my Pastor, one of them dashed in to where they kept us and snatched the phone from me in annoyance, accusing me that I was too brave pressing phone in their camp.

“He asked me if I know where I was and I said no. He further said who was behind my bravery and I replied it is the Lord God of Adedayo—that is the name of my pastor.

“As I was still saying it, a call came in on the phone in their hand and the one with the phone looked at the screen and said so Adedayo is my pastor and I said yes. One of them gave me a dirty slap and the one with the phone hit it on the wall. They collected the ATM card on me. One of them brought in a stone and started to hit the screen of my phone and the chip area of the ATM card”, she explained.

Go to radio

Funke said when it was around 3pm, they came in and began to attend to the captives one after the other. She said they brought in calabashes; one with a cover taped with a red piece of cloth while other calabashes were empty.

“They would place the covered calabash on the head of whoever was next and place the empty one on the ground in front of the person and immediately the person would vomit blood in the empty one after which he or she would collapse.

“I had concluded that was my end. But when the ritual got to my turn, they placed the calabash on my head and placed an empty one in front of me. I did not vomit blood. They questioned me again that who was behind me, but I could not respond to them.

Ogo Akobi

“I heard them say my head refused to harbour evil. Another person among them said yes if she refused to vomit that it would still not stop the parts of her body from being used for some other things. But one among them said they had no buyers of parts of the body for now.”

The victim said while they were saying all these, one of them who was acting like their head now instructed them to push her out that nothing whatsoever was useful in her. According to her, the other people were very furious at her and said since nothing was useful, they would not make a dual loss. They collected from her the ₦40,000 cash she had withdrawn from the bank before she was picked.

According to her, “they blindfolded me again and returned me exactly the way and manner they brought me.”

“I could not recognise anything. All I knew was that they later dropped me somewhere, removed the blindfold and told me to wait there that they were coming back. It was on an untarred road they dropped me.


“In a short while, I got up from there yet could not say anything. After a long trek, I discovered I finally came out around an area called Idiagba Titun behind Police band office in Akure from where I knew road home.”

Confirming the incident, the husband of the victim, Oyebade Sunbo told Mercy-Babs News that the incident threw the family into confusion. The commercial tricycle(Maruwa) rider said he was aware that his wife was going to bank.

You may also read: They shot me on the leg when my brother told them ransom not complete—Kidnap victim

Sunbo said, “I called her around 11am to confirm maybe she had returned from the bank because the money she wanted to withdraw was needed as soon as possible. But she said she had not gone because nobody was around to take care of her child.

“I later called but she didn’t pick it up so I thought maybe she was in the banking hall. I never bothered until they called me around 3pm from our house that they received text from her that she had been kidnapped.”

The husband said he later looked into his phone only to discover that a text message had been received from her stating same.

“I was very surprised, asking myself how come because the distance from our house to the bank shouldn’t be more than a few minutes walk.

“I received her text at 2.35pm. The text read: they have kidnapped me o, we plenty there. I just know that is Oda road. I heard that their going to kill us by 3pm. Mo ti sinrin o. Toju awon omo mi daada. If God say we are going to meet again. Odabo. I just have the opportunity to text, I can’t talk there. They are ritualists, temi ti ba mi o, mogbe o.”, Sunbo explained.

The husband said he called to inform their pastor and they were advised to report the matter to the Anti-kidnapping arm of the police.

“Myself and my pastor headed straight for Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) office along Oda road, Akure to report the matter. The police said their was need to track her phone number. The made a call to a young man they described as an expert. But unfortunately, the man said we would need to make a deposit of ₦60, 000 to enable him do the tracking.”

Sunbo explained that his friends later informed him that Anti-Robbery office is different from Anti-kidnapping. But as he later got to Anti-kidnapping office at Alagbaka around 6pm, a call came only to inform him that her wife had returned home.

Ad here

“She was unconscious when I saw her. We rushed her to the church for deliverance”, Sunbo explained.

Funke was yet to recover fully from loss of senses even after 24 hours of the incident maybe it was due to horror she saw or as a result of sedation.

Share On

© 2019 Mercy-Babs Communications